888

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Has Boris Johnson Blown his chances of being prime minister? The harmless buffoon mask is slipping

I have heard it said that said that Boris Johnson is an intelligent and clever person masquerading as a harmless and eccentric buffoon truth is he is a dangerous buffoon who has thrown up a mask of eccentric buffoonery . 
The reality is that the Buffoon mask is a very useful tool. It makes it harder to know when Boris Johnson is being serious it also gives him a get out clause where he can just say at a  later date that it wasn't serious.
But Boris's buffoonish persona has masked a highly ambitious politician who cares more for his image than another person  an example of this can be supplied by the recorded telephone conversation between him and Darius guppy.

Guppy: Boris, have you got this number?
Johnson: [inaudible] look, there is a guy at the moment, going through...

Guppy: You're brilliant.

Johnson: ... files at home

Guppy: Fantastic. But I am telling you something, Boris. This guy has got my blood up, alright? And there is nothing which I won't do to get my revenge. It's as simple as that.

Johnson: How badly are you going to hurt this guy?

Guppy: Not badly at all.

Johnson: I really, I want to know ...

Guppy: Look, let me explain to you...

Johnson: If this guy [see/sues?] me I will be fucking furious.

Guppy: I guarantee you he will not be seriously hurt.

Johnson: How badly will he ...

Guppy, interrupting: He will not have a broken limb or broken arm, he will not be put into intensive care or anything like that. He will probably get a couple of black eyes and a ... a cracked rib or something.

Johnson: Cracked rib?

Guppy: Nothing which you didn't suffer at rugby, OK? But he'll get scared and that's what I want ... I want him to get scared, I want him to have no idea who's behind it, OK?

Johnson: If I get trouble, if I get...

Guppy: You will not, Boris. I swear to you. If you...

Johnson: [unaudible bluster]... I got this bloody number for you. OK, Darrie. I said I'd do it. I'll do it. Don't worry.

Guppy: Boris, I mean it; I really love you.
Guppy: But Boris there's absolutely no ******* proof: you just deny it. I mean, there's no proof at all.
Johnson: Well yeah...

Guppy: I mean, you know, big deal. You're sitting in Brussels and the day it happens you're in Brussels, it's as simple as that.

Guppy: Well do it discreetly. I ... if it's in any way going to look suspicious. That's all I require – just the address: the address and the phone number ... all right? Now I guarantee you, you have nothing to worry about. [Slowly, emphatically] Believe me. All right? You have my personal guarantee. I've never let you down, all right?
Johnson: OK Darrie, I said I'll do it and I'll do it. Don't worry.

Guppy: Boris, I really mean it, I love you and I will owe you this, all right? And I'm a man who keeps my word.

throughout all off this you can see that Boris is far more concerned with that he would be discovered trying to help Darius in his aim to have a journalist beaten. Finally Boris Denies that he supplied address which seems likely but not once did he try to dissuade Darius Guppy from the course of action he wanted to take. The man who would be prime minister is nothing more than a thug wrapped up in old school tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment